Welcome to my world~

欢迎光临寒舍~ 哈哈……很有古代的feel吧?

Saturday 22 August 2009

YES!!! Exam ended~

My IELTS on Saturday overall was an OK, though couple of hilarious things happened.

We were told to arrive at 8.15am. I was quite surprised to see an Indian man in the waiting room. I guess he’s that doctor our teacher had been talking about. Later a “Chinese” man came in and started to talk to this Indian guy. When I first saw him at the counter, I thought he was a parent of another candidate. The two men chatted happily behind me and I can’t help but to notice that the Indian certainly had an accent. Then, our teacher came in and informed us of our speaking test time. Thinking that with a name starting with letter “B”, I should be pretty in front. Shocked to remember that the list’s according to surname/family name. Mine’s “T” and this time only 3 “Wong”s . I guess this is the first time ever I’m in the second half. Placed 7th among the 10, my speaking’s scheduled at 14:20 hours. Finally found out that the “dad” isn’t a Chinese. My guess is he’s either a Vietnamese or Burmese, with the surname Aung, currently working in Brunei.

Okay, I better just list out the funny parts.

  • When I went in the exam room to look for my seat, I stopped at the 1st row, 1st table since I was so used to be listed in front. When I saw the “Aung”, only then I remembered I should be looking at the other two rows. So, I went to the 1st table, 2nd row. The instance I saw the photo, my mind said “That definitely not me.” I started walking past it when I realised something. I thought I saw “Barbara” above the photo. So I made a halt and U-turned abruptly. Gosh, that was me with long hair! Everyone saw me doing these funny actions before sitting down. So embarrassing! I told mum during the lunch break and she was laughing her head off while driving. Got the same reaction from dad while having lunch. Hey, it’s not my fault! I had been so used to my short hair. 18 years of memory can’t be overlooked, kay?
    2. For the speaking test, I arrived a little earlier than scheduled, so the invigilator told me to wait in the waiting room instead of outside the exam room. One of the Chinese women that took General Paper came quite early too and we started chatting. In the end, she turned out to be my ex-student’s mum. Haha.. Sibu is small after all..
    3. Speaking’s my favourite part~ Honestly, I was in a state a shock throughout the test because:
  • I thought there were at least 10 more minutes before my turn when I was called to sit outside the exam room. As soon as I finish drinking (which was about 3 minutes?) the examiner came out and asked me to go in.
  • Everything was nice for the beginning of part one when suddenly I was asked about transportation, fruits and vegetables, advertisement, then childhood memories?! *faint* All the topics seemed to be irrelevant.
  • After my part 2, the nice examiner asked a few general questions. I was so happy babbling and anticipating for part 3 when she said: “Thank you! I guess that’s all for today..” Huh?! I was barely near satisfaction and that’s the end?!
  • I didn’t get to say thank you as trained and she was smiling, busy indication where the door is. T.T I wish to talk more. LOL


Well, I guess this time I was more nervous than the last time since I was scared that I’ll disappoint myself. English is something I had high hopes and confidence. We shall wait and see the final result.

Ps: I was watching “Jolly Widows” just now on KBS and unexpectedly, they included “Nobody” and “Sorry, sorry”. Haha.. Korean dramas sure know how to promote songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What time is it now? 童鞋,记住:一寸光阴一寸金~

Canberra

Sibu