Welcome to my world~

欢迎光临寒舍~ 哈哈……很有古代的feel吧?

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Jin Mei’s 21st birthday

It’s been such a long time since I last updated my blog here. Hmmm, let’s count, that’s… erm… 2 and ½ days? Haha… I’d regard that as long ;) Too lazy to move these days. I guess that’s the main reason I gained 6kgs. Tonnes of idea forming in my brain and yet I rather sat hours (13:46.50) in front of this lappy to watch 《Iryu》. Finish all 11 episodes of season 1. Currently finding season 2 with subs.

Okay, back to the main theme. It was Jin Mei’s 21st birthday on Sunday. Of course we need to celebrate! After all, she’s the first among us to be legally allowed to register as a voter, right? We decided not to have a big gathering. When more than 5 people gather, you’ll end up really tired and after arriving home, realised that you haven’t really spoke to someone long enough to know what’s going on with him/her and yet didn’t manage to talk to all either. Tze Hui and I planned to have lunch at Mitsu Shabu Shabu (main branch, the other behind Rejang Medical Centre had closed), calling the birthday girl (of course) and Karen.

Both of us drove and she had better luck. There’s this parking space where everyone thought is empty but turned out to be filled up by a… motorcycle!! I went two rounds and when I finally saw a space, Tze Hui was in front of me and took the parking space. I had to be satisfied with a freaking congested slot. It was till the point when I open the back door to get my umbrella, I accidentally bang on the car on my right. I still salute my parking skills: I didn’t crash, front or back, into either cars beside me. XP

Three of them either had a late breakfast or had a light meal before coming, so I was the only hungry person that ordered the most. Hey! I only had a light breakfast early in the morning. Was running late for church. Therefore only a cup of Milo and ¾ piece of Swiss Roll. We enjoyed the meal (except for the dripping aircond) and chatted for… you guess how long? Don’t faint, 3 and ½ hours!! Non-stop. Haha… We haven’t seen each other for a long time and got lots of catching up to do. That’s what I call girls’ good friends’ gathering. We were quite reluctant to leave and thus keep giving ourselves excuses that we haven’t finished our food.

In the end, we had to bid goodbye when Jin Mei’s mum and my mum called. Her mum’s shocked to find out that we were STILL sitting at the same place. XD

It was quite tiring (slept late, woke up early, glued my eyes to the TV instead of resting before driving and went out whole day till 4pm). Nevertheless, I’m very glad that we had lunch together. There weren’t any surprises or cake-cutting or singing, just four friends gathering together sampat-ing reminiscing the good old times (which was since, like, 8 years ago?) Everyone grew old up and is now either already in universities or getting ready to enter (yes, that’s me, the last one). We couldn’t say for sure when our next gathering is and that brings moisture to my eyes.

No photos taken that day ‘cause we were too busy talking. So, yeah, the photos below were copied and pasted from Facebook (according to birth dates)


Birthday girl JM




Me                                                               TH                                    KW



Dear Jin Mei,
Congrats in growing older!! Faster than anyone of us!! Haha… I know you are saying “You are the next, Barbara~” in your heart. Well, as Eileen likes to sms during our birthdays: “one year older, one year wiser”, hope that you learn and do well in Curtin. I know what’s your dream. Believe me; you will still be able to achieve it as long as you still have that passion. Fiona’s the best resemblance. Looking forward to see you in Perth soon and remember to come to Canberra. We shall go cram in Karen’s house before joining the Sydney gang and visit Tasmania!
Lots of love,
Barbara.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What time is it now? 童鞋,记住:一寸光阴一寸金~

Canberra

Sibu