Welcome to my world~

欢迎光临寒舍~ 哈哈……很有古代的feel吧?

Friday 18 September 2009

Facing the Giants


Finally understand why Jed strongly recommend this movie and why Esther's mum saved this in the computer.

Truly love it! Can't help but cried almost throughout the whole movie. Had to use a towel (yeah, face towel, not tissues). I even joked that I was dehydrated from crying~

It's the first movie that I can't describe with words.. Normally I'm pro good in babbling over movie and drama stuffs. But somehow, I don't know how to promote this. What I can say is:
  • go watch it yourself and pay attention to the dialogues
  • don't bother preparing tissues. They are never enough. Plus, it's not environment-friendly. Go get yourself a big hanky~
  • I don't watching this over and over. It's simply AWESOME!!

Never give up.  Never back down.  Never lose faith.

It's special in the way that it's a Christian-based movie, by a church. Even the pastor took part in the film-making.

Parts where I weep (badly):
  1. "If God doesn't give a baby, will you still love Him?"
  2. "Now, tell me, what thing is impossible with God?" "Nothing!" "Are you sure?" "Yes, sir!"
  3. "Coach Taylor, you make it to the team." "What team?" "The daddy team."
  4. "David! David!" (and his father raises his hands, as if he's praising the Lord)
  5. When Brock Kelley finished the whole-field "Death Crawl"
  6. Last but not least, when I hear this song: With You (by Mark Willard)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoF9JCo5EJI
Parts where I laughed out loud:
  1. Coach Bobby Lee Duke eating his lollipop and shouting. (ps: He's actually a pastor! Executive pastor at Sherwood Baptist Church. cute~)
  2. basically every scene Brady Owens and JT Hawkins (may your wife rest in peace...) came out together.
I know I'm quite late at watching this. I did heard about this when it was out a few years ago but just didn't seem to see it on anywhere in Sibu. I didn't bother to search the bookstores either, thinking it's just ANOTHER movie. (跪)

Thank you Jed for pestering me to watch this.
Thank you Esther for driving me to pick up the DVD.
Thank you Alvin for willing to lend me this (although you didn't know in the beginning).

Thank you Sherwood Baptist Church for presenting the world such a touching movie. It certainly helps us to re-think of what is and should be our ultimate goal in life, how can we serve God and the appropriate attitude towards our religion. Of course, I am glad many become Christians or had the effort to search who is this Jesus Christ that Christians claimed to be so powerful.


*Thumbs up and claps and cheers for the whole production team*
(eagerly waiting for "Fireproof")

3 comments:

  1. yes.. i like the movie as well. i watched it with my CF ppl last year. what i love the most is that the dialogues in the movie are 100% CLEAN. haha.

    my fav part is when the coach uses Bible verses to teach the boy (cant remember the name) to kick the ball at the target.. when he says "the heaven's gate is narrow". simply lol-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. clean kah? they didn't say sth like damn?

    david. the student's name is david. d one whose father is handicapped. the black coach rite? haha.. i remember he said : my mum also can kick far-right and far-left!! AIM STRAIGHT!! haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i 4gt to add sth... tat mr bridges remind me of mr wong sing wu eh~ any1 oso feel tat way?

    ReplyDelete

What time is it now? 童鞋,记住:一寸光阴一寸金~

Canberra

Sibu