Welcome to my world~

欢迎光临寒舍~ 哈哈……很有古代的feel吧?

Thursday 2 July 2009

Just a sharing~

I'm still quite confused as on which road shall I embark, so I'll just post this up. It's a sharing, and hope it gives you a new thought on this matter.

Why go to Church? (Interesting)

If you're spiritually alive, you're going to love this! If you're spiritually dead, you won't want to read it. If you're spiritually curious, there is still hope!

A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday..
"I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor.
It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:

"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals.. But I do know this ... They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!"

When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something!
Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible!
Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

Okay, this is an extra below the forwarded e-mail, which I think is pretty nice.
I think everyone should read this! "
When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could you get that for me?"

To my friends, if you have time, please put me in your prayers. I don't request for a large space (although I'm not slim XD), I just hope that if more people pray for me, then I'll be tougher and stronger, physically and mentally to march on. Honestly speaking, I had never been this weak. It's not that I don't believe God, it's that I'm afraid. The sense of not knowing what's going to happen in the future and how smooth or rough it's going to be really scares me. People often says, think of the worst scenario, and tell yourself nothing's going to be worst than that. But then, I suddenly become unsure what's that "WORST SCENARIO". I lost all my confidence over the weeks. Mental turmoil, that is. I practically hypnosies myself by thinking of all kinds of impossible things to make myself better. I got my eyes glued to computer and tv screens just to temporarily escape reality. I don't dare to touch my bible. I'm helpless (not hopeless yet, I'm sure). I prayed so hard, harder than anytime in my life (ok, that's 20 years till now), even harder than when I'm in National Service, and yet still feel unsafe. The uncertainty of everything leads me to nothing but tears. After crying and typing, I still feel as if there's a heavy stone in my chest. Unable to breathe~ Unable to think~

God, help me... Help this lil' child of yours.. Please...

2 comments:

  1. Friend, i have no words of wisdom to comfort u. but just to tell u that i'll continue to pray for u until something happens.

    just buzz me at msn if u need somebody to talk to. most of the time i'm just appearing offline. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ben, thank you so much. i know this kind of blogs may be a nuisance and always asking you guys to pray for me is somewhat annoying. But the thought of having you guys praying for me and backing me up really relieves me during mental turmoils (mdm chan's adjective)

    again, thank you very, very much.

    ReplyDelete

What time is it now? 童鞋,记住:一寸光阴一寸金~

Canberra

Sibu