Welcome to my world~

欢迎光临寒舍~ 哈哈……很有古代的feel吧?

Saturday 25 July 2009

Assistant invigilator

This was supposed to be posted up yesterday, but I got hooked up in YouTube again, so.. yeah.. typing it now while waiting for videos on YT and lunch.

It was a special, and perhaps once-in-a-lifetime experience. The principle of Nanyang called me to help as an assistant invigilator for Thursday's IELTS conducted by the British Council at Tanahmas Hotel. His daughter wasn't free, so I got this rare chance of earning RM75. It's actually quite a lot since I only need to work for around 4 hours. The job itself wasn't too difficult. Just that exams under BC seems to be more "luxurious" (?) than IDP's. This batch of 7 candidates were provided drinks and all the stationery. I remember last time my IDP was everything prepared by yourself and it's at Nanyang. I saw someone which I really think is the once very famous person is Sibu. Can anyone remember, around 10 years ago, there's this student with the surname Wong who 1st broke Sibu's record of obtaining 12A1 in SPM? That time it's like every parents will tell their children to study as hard and children were busy putting up the newspaper cut on the wall as a source of motivation.

Anyway, the test itself was as usual, a very pressured one. The questions were never easy. I didn't pay much attention to the General Module, but the Academic Module never fail to shock me. =) Things you never thought can be a question is the question. The air-conditioning system is a centralised one, so we were all trembling, or was it only Mr Adrian (invigilator) and me shivering? I actually wore 3 layers of clothes! This is Sibu! A place without winter! And yet I still need to wear so many layers. The best part was, the candidates weren't too cold. I noticed a girl who was back from Queensland actually just wore a mini skirt and face no problem at all.

After 2 hours and 45 minutes of non-stop exam, finally it's all over. I helped once again to tidy up and my reward? No English tea, no cakes, no fried mee, just 5 bottles of plain water. I brought 1 myself and end up bringing 7 back. LOL...

All in all, I liked it very much. The invigilator is a very nice man. Met him again just now during the British Council pre-departure briefing.

Thank God for giving me a chance experiencing this.

2 comments:

  1. i was once his student, that cute principal, dunno he still remember me o not... ...
    10 years ago, the first person who broke the record of 12A1 definitely shocked him... ...
    the more shocking thing he can never expect is 10 years later another insane broke the record, is his student once more

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe? i'm not sure either.. he seems to have a good memory.
    who was that boy 10 years ago? wong teck huat? wong teck heng?
    he must be happy his students broke those records. =)

    ReplyDelete

What time is it now? 童鞋,记住:一寸光阴一寸金~

Canberra

Sibu