Welcome to my world~

欢迎光临寒舍~ 哈哈……很有古代的feel吧?

Monday 22 February 2010

Australian National University -- Bachelor of Commerce -- Year 1 -- Day 1

And so, finally Barbara's joining her peers in university. Although it's a semester, or maybe a year, or even two years (I hope there's none who's three years ahead of me), believe me, it's tough. I maybe the oldest to start uni, but it's still hard.

I had been, and will be, staying in school (as in lecture buildings) from 10am (if not 9am) to 5pm (if not 6pm) daily. Packed lunch is needed 4 days a week, which are exactly the days I study (Monday to Thursday). No one wants to study on Friday here in Australia (either they want to work part-time or have a hangover in Mooseheads or simply hop into their cars and head to Sydney). Lifestyles and ways of thinking are totally different. I guess that's what I need to learn and shape my life to fit theirs. On a brighter tone, I'm pretty sure I can do my laundry (again) + study/ practise my rusty organ skills or simply learn playing piano on quiet Friday mornings. Let's see how it goes on for the next 2 weeks.

Went for 2 extra courses organised by the Academic Skills and Learning Centre. Had a pretty decent packed lunch (2 large-servings of multi-grain sandwiches, 1 yogurt, and 1 fruit juice. The apple's still on my table) before having lectures at 1pm and another at 3pm. Almost fall asleep despite the nervousness to grab seats of tutorials. Yeah, I almost banged my head on the table. Blame that on my tidying-up-the-papers-that-make-my-table-super-messy task last night. Fighting for timeslots of tutes are, honestly speaking, on the par with war. There were more than 500 students for both STAT1008 and BUSN1001. More than 300 (perhaps?) brought their laptops. Even before the lectures were over, more than half were trying desperately to connect wirelessly to the ETA website to enrol. Only Singaporeans kiasu? That's a wrong myth. Even ang mos also do this with us, okay?

Without rice during lunch and so much walkings, I had 2 BIG plates for dinner and another extra small plate of dessert. Grow fat? They are not even enough to replace the energy generated for me to walk and think. But I think I'm slightly dehydrated and allergy. Haven't feel too well since last night.

Well, I shall update more when I'm free. I'm finding time, seriously. I just haven't had time to edit my pictures. Everything should be settled down by end of next week, so I think I can blog more then.

I do miss blogging and sharing. Just wait a little more, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What time is it now? 童鞋,记住:一寸光阴一寸金~

Canberra

Sibu