Welcome to my world~

欢迎光临寒舍~ 哈哈……很有古代的feel吧?

Friday 26 February 2010

2nd allergy (in Australia) on the second last school day of Week 1

As the title states clearly, I encountered my 2nd allergy in the land of kangaroos and koalas.

The real-life story began this way:

Had some really nice salad last night during dinner. As I was munching down the tasty macaroni with mustard and curry powder, I had the bad feeling but ignored my mind's subconscious warnings. Left ear started to get itchy when I joined to corridor activities. Didn't really pay attention to it and continue working on the not-so-mature-styled decorations. Showered at 9pm and did not realise anything. Changed into pyjamas at 9.30pm when I finally spotted the rashes on both arms. Brain started to register the itchyness. Panicking. Put double dose of calamine lotion on the red spots when the neck, chin and ears start to get red. Mum called at 10.05pm and decided that I should eat a tablet. Clarityne is its name, by the way. No advertisement intended. Whole face began to itch, including eyes. Mum promised to call at midnight to check on me. I chatted with Christine for the next 50 minutes. She's down with terrible sorethroat and cough. I planned to make an appointment with the University Health Centre, but forgot the number and couldn't get to Willy or Fresh. Concluded that I'll just walk-in and see what happens next.

Woke up in a better condition but the rashes are still visible. After breakfast, headed to UHC to see a notice stating no urgent walk-in is allowed. Continued to walk in with an exhausted and pale look (in fact, it's due to my fast-paced walking from Johns to UHC). The ladies ask me politely how they can help me. I just say the magic word "allergy" and show them my rashes (the lights and weather make my skin look really red, if not pinkish). They immediately find me an empty slot and keyed in my name. Took some time to fill in the form before waiting to be called by the nurse (I gathered). In the meantime, I found out that everyone's looking me with sympathetic/concerned eyes. I know I look pale and allergy is scary, but, this is a bit... When I was too tired waiting, I pressed my palms firmly on my eyes to soothe it, and they actually got nervous and asked if I'm okay. ALLERGY does really cause chaos.

Anyway, I got to see the nurse and when I showed her my rashes, she typed something in the computer and I was directed to a doctor. Obviously, ALLERGY should be treated carefully. Waited again for around 10 minutes before Dr Philip Hope came out and called my name. Somehow, the nurse computer locked my records and consultation couldn't be started. After a while, consultation began. It's quite slow compared to Sibu but at least he's careful and checked all the details. When I asked his advice on getting an allergy test, he nodded in agreement and wrote me an instruction to get 1 blood and allergy test done tomorrow.

Missed my Academic Skills and Learning Centre course but had enough time to print my lecture notes in Chifley Library (the printer in Johns was jammed). Didn't have enough time to buy my medicine though. Rushed to ECON 1101 lecture C in Manning Clarke at 11am.

Phoned mum at 12.15pm after I arrived home. The medicine, or rather, ointment's name makes no sense to her. Went to pick up 2 tubes of more expensive anti-inflammatory. Just now when both mum and I checked on Aristocort Triamcinolone Acetonoide, it was quite shocking to know that this is in fact a type of cortisteriods. I think I should not use it unless really serious or else I'll become dependant on it and other mild medicine won't work next time. In addition, I'm not sure how destructive is the side effect (or effects). Back to calamine lotion again. It sounds safer.

Should go to sleep after watching youtube. Finally I'm back on it again. Went to Woonji's room to have a chat just now to discover she was actually attending the same elementary school as 2am's Jinwoon! Omo~

No comments:

Post a Comment

What time is it now? 童鞋,记住:一寸光阴一寸金~

Canberra

Sibu