Welcome to my world~

欢迎光临寒舍~ 哈哈……很有古代的feel吧?

Wednesday 18 January 2012

quick update

I've bought the Acer Aspire S3 with an Intel core i3. I know some might not understand why on earth I picked Acer over Asus and Toshiba, and I can assure you, you'll never =P

Overall speaking, I like it as it is now, except for the fact that I'm struggling to go online with the LAN adapter. Somehow it's not working. But at least I can access wireless at the common rooms. 4th floor's so much better than my own 5th floor ones because I have the whole room to myself. That means I don't need to wear a headphone when watching stuffs on PPS/Youtube. Although the chairs aren't as comfy as the sofas upstairs, I seriously have no interest in staying in a room that's full of other people (and their voices) or the smell of roasted chicken (a lot of ressies have being using the common kitchen lately). My usual favourite room (the one where we used to practice debate) has been turned into a private board room that requires booking. Boo *thumbs down*
Another thing that has been constantly bothering me is that the Microsoft Office that comes with this ultrabook is super basic, ie having Word and Excel ONLY!! No Powerpoint or any other thing that originally comes with it. Plus!! The Word doesn't have footnote or even the referencing section, which is damn annoying. I had to bring the whole document to do the finishing touch at the library. Ah, that reminds me of my last HUGE assignment due on 30th. 35% and I haven't start researching. I should probably stay in Chifley library till 5pm tomorrow to start something. I hate the fact that I can't find Westpac investing in Malaysia. Shall find about Singapore tomorrow. Or I might end up doing New Zealand. I really don't feel like changing to check on RioTinto or whatsoever mining companies. And yes, I'm sorry, those are the only companies I know, thanks to previous assignments.

Other than that, I am quite satisfied with this new lappy. Light (practically weightless) is really the main point. You really gotta know how touched I am to be able to hug it and bring it around when it's lighter than any of my textbook. Plus, the battery life's really good (at least compared to my old one that dies after 1 hour or so) and there's an internal built-in fan. I'll blog more about it (real detailed one with pictures) when I can get online in my room or perhaps after my 2 finals and Sydney trip in February, that'll be after Chap Goh Mei ;P

Gotta hop off soon to go back to my room to (1) prepare dinner (2) shower (3) charge laptop (4) probably laundry? I'm thinking of putting it off till weekends. Shall get out all my skirts in place of my jeans (2 of them were worn out -- will tell you why soon, although it's considered to be shameful by most girls. Trust me when I say I'm not one) and tracksuits (I practically wore almost all of mine. You just can't wear 1 for 2 continuous days because it's DAMN HOT in Canberra.

And oh (5) study XDD You, my readers, should be aware that I'm totally not the hardworking kind, and had survived through these years with some level of smartness (<<muka tembok). Not to say I'm brilliant and genius, it's just that I remember certain things well (no, not those boring Sejarah, but hey! wait a second, I think I do remember quite much of those, because I think they are interesting. Call me a weirdo) As mentioned in previous posts, I am supposed to study 50 hours per week, but I think I hadn't even reach the 10-hour point *kneels down on abacus* Really need to catch-up. Believe it or not, when you are enjoying the nice holidays (summer/ CNY) at home, I'm halfway through my summer courses. That's studying 3 months' worth of stuffs in 2 weeks. I'm so so dead.

Goodbye my readers. I think I might blog from the library tomorrow, if I get up early enough to prepare my own lunch (wraps, whatelse? I don't have a boyfriend that makes love-filled lunch for me *sobs*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What time is it now? 童鞋,记住:一寸光阴一寸金~

Canberra

Sibu