Welcome to my world~

欢迎光临寒舍~ 哈哈……很有古代的feel吧?

Thursday 26 November 2009

Staff Dinner 2009

Should have done this weeks ago, just couldn't find time for it.
Okay, so this year's SMK Methodist Staff Dinner a.k.a Annual Dinner was held at Paramount Hotel, 7pm on the 14th November 2009.

Let's start of with my scary photos  new image :


Eww... I look so... fat..  matured...


This was our table draw present. I personally quite like this cute file. =)


Next is my personally lucky number. Although I did wish to get the Tupperware set (I mean, who doesn't?!), I 'm still quite satisfied with this. Decided to give to mum since she badly needs one.


Qiang qiang qiang qiang~
a calculator with some features similar to my own Casio fx-570MS

ps: There's something to share about the process of getting this present.

As you all can see, the outfit I wore that night was no where near FORMAL. But then, first of all, I have no formal dress (I don't want to wear my prefect dinner one, for no reason. Girls are unpredictable, if not
un-understandable). I don't want to wear baju kurung again either.

Then, the white shirt I chose was a bit too exposing. I have neither a half-cup *2nd part of my short name* or a brooch/ pendant (How come I sound so... so.. poor?). No choice but to use the scarf to make me look more presentable. Turns out to be a nice choice since the air-conditioning system in the hotel was upgraded (I assume). I was wrapped in it the whole first part of the night until the 4th dish (I guess?).

I decided that it's not my time to go on stage for the presents, hence I took off my scarf, FOLD IT NICELY (I rarely do this, kay?) and put on the chair next to me (Our table had only 8 people. YES! = can eat more and "da bao"). After eating, I pushed the chair a little bit wider so as to be able to cross my legs. My teachers even laughed and said : "Oh Barbara, you are already getting ready to go on stage?" "Yeah! =)"

The next second, my number 0168 was called out. I was still in a blur stage when the other 7 nudged me "Hey Barbara, it's you!!" "Don't forget you ticket!!" "Woohoo!!"
In a state of shock, I forgot my scarf and just marched up the stage.

Moral (s) of the day :
Wear something that you don't need to take of and make you look fabulous at all times.
Be alert and prepared, ALWAYS.

2 comments:

  1. Waseh!! Finally get to see your new look...and so satisfied to be the first to give you a comment on it...erm...*seriously, no comments!! Anyway, wasn't that calculator just a normal one...I don't think it's in anyway similar to Casio fx-570MS...Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wei~ macam online de ka oways say : "yes! i grabbed the 1st seat / sofa!" where u learn de?

    apa lar~ no comments still so happy..

    it is a lil better than normal ones and mind you, i said "some". the features ARE the same.. law undergrad, u sud b aware that EVERY word brings a meaning behind it..

    ReplyDelete

What time is it now? 童鞋,记住:一寸光阴一寸金~

Canberra

Sibu